Thursday, February 27, 2014

Everyday Egg Bake


These ladies only encourage ridiculous behavior.

In early high school, my friends and I loved to make personality tests (much like the tests in Seventeen): What's your panty personality (boxer briefs- with moderately fun designs), what's your inner opposite gender name (Tad), what's your inner warrior (Power Ranger) etc.  

A long time has passed since I have made those tests, but I promise you, not a day goes by when I don't have an idea for a new personality test.  What type of computer error are you (PBKAC)? What's your inner drink? Desk disorder or personality disorder? etc.  

After perusing one of my favorite websites of all time (Pinterest Fail), I thought of another great personality test.  What's your inner Pinterest fail?  Because let's be honest, nothing comes out nearly as great as it does on Pinterest (exception- anything my Mom makes), and its primarily driven by a personality issue.  My Pinterest fail personality? Failure to have necessary ingredients on hand.

That's why I love this recipe, practically everything has easy and obvious substitutes, so even my failure to plan doesn't negatively affect the end product.  The original recipe for Egg Bake comes from my mom, and she always served it for any brunch event.  This version is standard weekday far, since it requires practically no planning



Everyday Egg Bake

3 Cups Cubed Bread (I used 6 hamburger buns, its best if this is old but not too stale)
12 Eggs
1C Milk (An alternative ratio is 8 eggs to 2 cups of milk)
4oz Shredded Cheese (Cheddar)
8oz Cooked meat (Sausage is my favorite)
1t Salt
1T Seasoning Mix (I like Penzey's spice Arizona Dreaming, or Cajun Seasoning)
4T Melted Butter or Margarine

Directions:
1. Pre-heat over to 375 and spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking oil
2. Mix Eggs, Milk, Salt and Seasoning set aside
3. Layer half of bread, followed by half of cheese, followed by all of meat, followed by the remaining bread (The order is surprisingly important)
4. Pour Egg mixture over bread
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top
6. Evenly pour melted butter over the top of everything
7. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes

PS As a result of the Seventeen Quiz link that I intended only for those who were curious about what I meant by personality quizzes, I have taken approximately 6 quizzes, and I have found out the most wonderful insights about myself.  Such as... My One Direction Life Theme Song is Best Song Ever!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment